Excited to become part of Business Consulting? We are curious about you and your profile
At Bayer Business Consulting, we seek to provide you with an insightful and positive candidate journey throughout your application process. Before, during and after the interviews you will not only have the chance to present yourself and learn more about Business Consulting and your opportunities here, you will also be able to meet some of our (senior) consultants and (senior) project managers, directors and vice presidents in a welcoming atmosphere. Our interviewer team consists of colleagues from all hierarchy levels and departments. In addition, you will become acquainted with our offices and central meeting areas.
Bayer Business Consulting hires throughout the year so there are no application deadlines to consider. We suggest that you apply around three months prior to your desired starting date.
If you now want to join Bayer Business Consulting, you will find here more information on our multistaged interview process.
Upon receipt of your online application and based on your application documents, we will decide whether there is a match between our requirements and your qualifications and experience.
For entry-level positions such as Intern, Summer Associate and Consultant, we will invite the candidates to an online assessment, which tests work-related skills such as analytical, numerical and logical thinking to predict career success.
If you already have work experience, we will directly invite you to an interview.
Our interview process enables us to learn more about you and your personality, gives you a feeling for the open atmosphere at Business Consulting and provides you with the chance to ask questions. Below you will find more detailed information about our application and interview process for our different entry positions.
Interviews - enter into dialogue
The interviews are meant to be a dialogue between you and us. Please take the opportunity to ask questions and find out more about the interviewers, our working environment and Business Consulting. There are different formats for interviews depending on the position you are applying for.
- Group exercise: Be part of a project team selecting topics for the future where the observer only knows your name.
- Biographical interview (including self presentation for interns): Share your motivation and ambitions and discuss your former experience with our interviewers.
- Case interview: You guide your interview partner through your approach to analysis, hypothesis and proposed solution with topics that are random and not focused on your former experience.
- Presentation exercise (not for interns): Prepare a presentation based on given topics, with a focus on your prior experience. After the presentation there is time for discussion with your interview partners.
- Expert interview incl. role play (behavioral interview): In discussion with your interview partner, you will be part of a role play in which we want to learn more about your collaboration and leadership skills.
- Expert dialogue: Open dialogue on an equal footing with our interviewer to discuss a current project or functional topic.
- All our interviews are conducted by a carefully selected team of Business Consulting colleagues with different seniority levels, backgrounds and from different departments together with representatives from our HR/Recruiting Team.
- For junior positions (Interns, Summer Associates, Consultants, Senior Consultants), we plan recruiting days for several candidates. Please find detailed information about the recruiting day procedure at Business Consulting below:
- Several candidates are invited to a recruiting day, starting in the morning and finishing in the afternoon
- Group exercise with focus on behavior within an (international) group
- Biographical interview (with self presentation)
- Interviews with focus on behavior and case study
- Personal feedback and a decision will be provided by one of the interviewers at the end of the recruiting day
(Senior) Consultant :
- Several candidates are invited to a recruiting day (see above)
- One group exercise and personal interview as well as a case study interview with our recruiting team, (senior) project managers, directors and vice presidents in the morning (including introduction)
- One additional presentation exercise will be conducted in the afternoon
- Interviews with focus on behavior, case study and transfer of knowledge
- Personal feedback will be provided by one of the interviewers following the last interview
The interview process for senior candidates differs to that for junior candidates. We want to learn about you and your functional, project and/or leadership experience to date.
(Senior) Project Manager:
- Four interviews (including one role play) will be conducted by our recruiting team and senior project managers, directors and vice presidents (duration: approx. ½ day)
- Interviews with focus on behavior, case study, expert knowledge and leadership skills
- One of the interviewers will provide interview feedback one to three days after the recruiting day
The interview process might vary slightly in our regional Business Consulting hubs.
Please apply online through our career website attaching all relevant documents (cover letter, resume, academic certificates / transcript of records and references if applicable).
Your application will be immediately confirmed by email and we will get back to you within two weeks regarding the next steps. If you are invited for interview, our recruiting team will coordinate your travel arrangements and inform you about the interview schedule.
We look forward to receiving your application via the current job postings for Business Consulting.
Frequently asked questions:
You will find specific answers to some frequently asked questions concerning your application and your career at Business Consulting in the FAQ section.