International Future Leadership Program - Engineers, Pharmacists, Natural Scientists
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. As an innovation company, Bayer sets trends in research-intensive areas. Bayer’s products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer, you have the opportunity to be part of a culture that values our employees' passion to innovate and empowers them to bring about change.
A variety of wide-ranging career opportunities – Product Supply and related technical functions
The very essence of any business is to cater to its customers’ needs by providing products and services. The purpose of the Product Supply global function and its related technical functions at Bayer is to transform raw materials into products, deliver the right product in the highest quality and with the right packaging to the right customer, on time and at an attractive cost.
Our 24-month International Future Leadership Program introduces you to Bayer’s Product Supply global function and its related technical functions, and aims to prepare you for a future management position in this field. Right from the outset, our International Future Leadership Program offers you an unlimited contract with a flexible starting date.
Based on your field(s) of study and focus, your degree, your skillset and personal career aspirations, our International Future Leadership Program offers a variety of focus areas with respective trainee career tracks and assignment rotations across our businesses:
- Engineering – Typically for engineers, with training rotations in process engineering, project engineering and plant/site engineering.
- Pharmaceutical Production and Quality Assurance – Typically for pharmacists, engineers and natural scientists (chemistry/biology), with training rotations in Production, Pharmaceuticals and Quality Assurance.
- You have a master’s degree / PhD in natural sciences, pharmacy, engineering, industrial information technology or automation, with excellent grades.
- You have gained initial work experience (e.g. through internships) in one or more of the relevant areas.
- You have acquired international and intercultural experience, either during your studies or via internships abroad.
- You are internationally mobile and have the ambition to pursue an international career in one of the above-mentioned focus areas, also in a management position.
- You think strategically, are highly committed and are prepared to assume responsibility.
- You demonstrate leadership potential, are flexible and open to new opportunities, even when dealing with ambiguity, and display a willingness to go the extra mile.
- You have the ability to build partnerships, work collaboratively across cultures and meet shared objectives.
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills (fluency in English, both written and spoken, and preferably an additional language).
- You will be assigned a variety of tasks in business operations or concept and strategy development, while also contributing towards the success of projects and actively supporting your colleagues in their respective roles.
- You will work at our headquarters and various production sites, both in Germany and abroad, giving you the opportunity to start building your own global network.
- You will be encouraged to proactively provide feedback on processes, strategic concepts and decisions, both from an academic point of view and global, local and regional perspectives.
- You will be supported throughout the trainee program by an experienced Bayer manager who will help you identify career opportunities, give you feedback on your performance and work with you to define career development measures and goals.
- You will be assigned customized onboarding and training modules to help you prepare for a future management position within the area of Product Supply or related technical functions.
Do you want to gain experience in a dynamic, innovative and global company? If you are interested in the focus area of Pharmaceutical Production and Quality Assurance, we look forward to your online application in English with cover letter, curriculum vitae and references by May 17, 2020. The assessment center is planned for CW26 with a decision at the end of the day.
Please note that the application process for the Engineering focus area is closed at the moment. The date for the next application phase will be published here. In the meantime you may register your details with us and configure your personal job alert to be notified as soon as we publish a new suitable vacancy.
After finishing her studies in pharmacy at the Universities of Marburg and Dundee Nina joined Bayer for the Future Leadership Program for Pharmacists in Product Supply. In her video interview she describes her motivation and aspirations - and what the program has to offer.
Vincent did his PhD in pharmacy in Ireland and relocated to Berlin, Germany for the Future Leadership Program for Pharmacists in Product Supply. In his video interview he talks about his first impressions of Berlin and Bayer as well as about his expectations what the program will serve him for.