International Future Leadership Program for Production - Engineers, Pharmacists, Natural Scientists
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. As an innovation company, Bayer sets trends in research-intensive areas. Bayer’s products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture that values the passion of our employees to innovate and empowers them to bring about change.
Product Supply and related central functions at Bayer
The very essence of any business is to cater to its customers’ needs by providing products and services. To transform raw materials into products, deliver the right product in the highest quality and with the right packaging to the right customer, on time and at an attractive cost: That is the purpose of the Product Supply global function and its related central technical functions at Bayer.
Engineers, natural scientists and pharmacists (master’s/PhD), who intend to gain first-hand experience and insight into the specific scope of activities and responsibilities of different job profiles at Bayer, can get exactly this kind of exposure as trainees in our International Future Leadership Program for Production.
Our trainee career tracks and wide-ranging career opportunities
Our International Future Leadership Program for Production (also referred to as “trainee program”) was specifically designed to prepare you for a management position within the area of Product Supply and central technical functions at Bayer.
Based on your field(s) of study and focus, your degree and your personal preferences and skillset, you can choose from among the following trainee career tracks:
- Engineering - Typically for engineers with training rotations in process engineering, project engineering and plant/site engineering across all our businesses.
- Production Management - Typically for engineers and natural scientists (chemistry/biology) with training rotations that give insight into the entire production process in Animal Health, Consumer Health and Crop Science.
- Pharmaceutical Production and Quality Assurance - Typically for pharmacists and natural scientists (chemistry/biology) with training rotations in Pharmaceuticals and across all our businesses in Quality Assurance.
Your profile as an engineer, pharmacist or natural scientist
- You have a master’s degree / PhD (m/f) in the natural sciences, pharmacy or engineering with excellent grades
- You have gained initial work experience (e.g. through internships) in production, engineering, quality or related areas
- You have acquired international experience, either during your studies or via internships abroad
- You are internationally mobile and have the ambition to pursue an international career in production, engineering or quality, also in a management position
- You think strategically and are prepared to assume responsibility
- You demonstrate leadership potential and a willingness to go the extra mile
- You have the ability to build partnerships, work collaboratively across cultures and meet shared objectives
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills (fluency in English, both written and spoken, and preferably an additional language)
During the 24-month program (with flexible starting dates), you will get exposure to a wide range of activities and responsibilities within the various businesses and functions that Product Supply and our central technical functions at Bayer have to offer.
- You will be assigned a variety of specific, educational tasks in business operations or concept and strategy development, and work on projects at our headquarters and various production sites
- Assignments both in and outside Germany are an integral part of the program, giving you the opportunity to build networks in many functional areas
- Customized onboarding and training modules help prepare you for a management position in Product Supply or our central technical functions.
- Throughout the program, you will be mentored by an experienced Bayer manager, who will help you identify career opportunities, give you feedback on your performance and work with you to define career development measures and goals
Your first career step as an engineer, natural scientist or pharmacist in production at Bayer
This program prepares you for a career in the area of Product Supply and central technical functions at Bayer in Germany or abroad, includingfuture leadership and management responsibilities. Together with your mentor, you identify individual “best fit” career opportunities, exchange feedback on your performance, and define career development steps that will lead towards a management role. You will benefit from the networks you can start building during the two-year program, which will help you develop within our global organization. A broad range of training choices enables you to advance your career with us.
From the very beginning, excellent contributions will be excellently rewarded. A highly competitive compensation package is combined with outstanding career perspectives and job opportunities throughout the organization.
Sounds like you? Then we look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that the application process is closed at the moment. The date for the next application phase will be published here. In the meantime you may register your details with us and configure your personal job alert to be notified as soon as we publish a new suitable vacancy.
What do participants say? Here they share their personal experience
After finishing her studies in pharmacy at the Universities of Marburg and Dundee Nina joined Bayer for the Future Leadership Program for Pharmacists in Product Supply. In her video interview she describes her motivation and aspirations - and what the program has to offer.
Vincent did his PhD in pharmacy in Ireland and relocated to Berlin, Germany for the Future Leadership Program for Pharmacists in Product Supply. In his video interview he talks about his first impressions of Berlin and Bayer as well as about his expectations what the program will serve him for.
International Trainee Program for Production Management – an initial experience report
Being in his first year at Bayer Animal Health Ferdinand Fingerhut reports on the Bayer career blog about the experiences he has made so far and provides an outlook of next steps and foreign assignments in the program. Furthermore, he offers views on what else he is expecting during his trainee program in addition to foreign assignments.
International Trainee for Production Management – the story continues!
In his first blog entry at the beginning of 2016, Ferdinand Fingerhut talked about his career development prior to starting the program, the reasons why he applied, the application process itself and his first days and months at Bayer. Today, a year and a half later, having experienced so much that was new, he continues his story about his career stations so far, including assignments outside Germany.
Bayer's International Trainee Program for Engineers
Prathna Manoj Sheth is enrolled in the International Trainee Program for Engineers within Bayer CropScience AG. In her blog she shares her experiences from the time as a trainee and describes her personal impressions.