- Why Bayer
- Innovation & Solutions
- Development & Teamwork
- Better Life & Challenges
- Reputation & Impact
- Benefits & Rewards
- Values & Stories
- Working at Bayer
- Computational Life Science Workshop
- International Trainee Program for Financial Management
- International HR Trainee Program
- International Trainee Program for Production Management
- Future Leadership Program for Pharmacists in Product Supply
- Global Trainee Program for Supply Chain Management
- Procurement Trainee Program
- International Trainee Program for Engineers
- Bayer Career Worldwide
- How to join us
- Video Center
- Contact us
Future Leadership Program in Product Supply
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care and agriculture. Our products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Bayer Product Supply experts contribute greatly as a driving force for innovative and highly efficient solutions in the field of our pharmaceutical production. This international program aims to provide high potential graduates with a broad overview about the scope of activities and responsibilities in pharmaceutical manufacturing at Bayer Pharma Product Supply and to prepare them for a future leadership program. The program will serve as a launch platform into your managerial career at Product Supply. Together with your mentor you will identify and realize your individual “best-fit” career and grow into your first leadership role.
Product Supply at Bayer
Bayer Pharma Product Supply steers the subgroup’s entire supply chain, from raw material sourcing through manufacturing to distribution, utilizing a global production network consisting of its own sites and those of contract manufacturers. In this way the company aims for continuous improvement of costs, flexibility and supply reliability, as well as maintaining high standards of quality, health, safety and environmental protection on a global basis. Achieving this aim is the task of about 17,000 employees at more than 50 sites all over the world.
The Future Leadership Program in a nutshell
Hans-Walter Hoehl, Head of Strategy and Projects at Bayer Pharma, Product Supply Global Pharmaceutical Production, is the sponsor of the Future Leadership Program. Together with participants he describes the program's general setup and benefits in this video.
What the Future Leadership Program offers you
The 24-month program includes assignments in Germany and abroad. The starting date of the program is flexible. You will be assigned across different manufacturing sites and headquarter functions, including for example:
- Strategy & Projects
- Parenteral products manufacturing
- Solids manufacturing
- Intrauterine device manufacturing
- Contract manufacturing
- Supply chain management
- Quality assurance
Within these functional units you will participate in and/or manage projects.
In addition the Future Leadership Program consists of:
- Local assignments in Leverkusen and Berlin
- An international assignment e.g. in Finland, Brazil, Switzerland or the USA
- Management and leadership training modules, including operational excellence trainings and an interactive business simulation
- Mentoring by an experienced Bayer senior manager
From the very beginning, excellent contribution will be highly rewarded. This comprises: A permanent contract, a highly competitive salary as well as excellent job opportunities after the program.
- A university degree in pharmacy (state examination, diploma, master, PhD, pharmaceutical license/optional) or chemistry/biology (PhD) with excellent grades
- Experience in either pharmaceutical technology, analytics, compliance, regulatory affairs or manufacturing
- Previous experience abroad is highly desired; experience in the pharmaceutical industry is an advantage
- Strong leadership ambition and willingmess to go the extra mile
- Outstanding strategic and analythic thinking as well as excellent organizational skills
- Highly goal-oriented paired with passion to develop and implement innovative ideas
- Expectional communication and collaboration skills
- Fluency in business English, knowledge of the German language is a plus
After the trainee program
After successfully completing the program, there are opportunities to pursue a career in an international, regional or local environment of the Bayer Group in Germany or abroad.