Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Field Sales Representative III - Crop Protection- Northwest Mississippi
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Field Sales Representative for our crop protection team, you will be a trusted advisor that develops Bayer's retail and customer focused business. You will implement sales initiatives with the intent of achieving or exceeding financial targets. In this role, you will cover Northwest Mississippi including the counties of Bolivar, Coahoma, Desoto, Holmes, Humphreys, Leflore, Panola, Quitman, Sunflower, Tallahatchie, Tate, Tunica and Washington.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Field Sales Representative III – Crop Protection, are to:
- Achieve assigned targets with Bayer products in coordination with pod-mates;
- Develop and implement dealer business plans, manage forecasting proactively, inventory management and product line demand issues, set the business direction and coordinate follow-ups with dealers that drive business results;
- Serve as the key business consultant to retailers and dealer and sell effectively the value of Bayer Crop Science products;
- Demonstrate proof of product performance against the competition by being the champion of Bayer brands and product/technical/agronomic knowledge;
- Collaborate with pod-mate FSRs, CBAs and Bayer Agronomists and Technology Development Representatives (TDR) to maximize services, information and sales to preferred growers and key customer accounts;
- Manage actively inventory concerns as appropriate to ensure success of meeting business objectives while anticipating demand and potential bottlenecks;
- Gather, assimilate and analyze market and competitive information;
- Utilize data to make key decisions to drive the business;
- Develop and recommend strategies for achieving long and short business plans for key accounts and assigned area;
- Manage effectively expenses, discretionary dollars and program payments per Bayer Crop Science policy;
- Work independently to continuously expand selling skills and product/portfolio knowledge, while mentoring peers and teammates in these skills as well;
- Ensure achievement of program execution and program fulfillment, including national/regional marketing initiatives;
- Take a leadership role in partnering with pod-mate FSRs/CBAs and manage the relationship with top growers and retailers;
- Act as the business expert for top growers and retailers, while planning for customer business needs;
- Mentor proactively mentor and coach earlier-in-career FSRs;
- Manage area claims per Bayer Crop Science policy and process through effective problem solving, execution, administration and resource management;
- Travel approximately 60%.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- At least six years of experience in Sales, marketing, account management or agriculture;
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, oral and written);
- Demonstrated initiative, assertiveness and ability to drive results;
- Excellent business acumen, account planning, influencing and critical thinking skills;
- Financial, time and territory management expertise;
- Proven ability to multi-task in a rapid-paced and matrixed environment;
- Strong computer and presentation skills (proficiencies in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Demonstrated digital acumen and ability to analyze data to influence decisions;
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment;
- Proven interest in supporting collaboration and teamwork within a pod structure;
- Ability to pass driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, License suspension, etc.);
- Possess a DOT Driver medical card or the ability to obtain one through successfully completing and passing a DOT physical. In addition, candidate must be able to meet all applicable DOT/FMCSA criteria. Drivers with previous DOT driving experience may be required to undergo FMCSA safety checks and applicable review.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Demonstrated product, portfolio and agronomic knowledge.
Domestic relocation assistance may be offered for this role.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: Residence Based
Reference Code: 344041
Functional Area: Commercial & Sales