Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Regional Business Manager
To create, calibrate & execute the regional business strategy with operational efficiencies & ensure people development.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and implement sales strategy for the region – including channel strategy
◦ Budgeting, forecasting & collection,
◦ A & P budgeting & monitoring
◦ Designing Commercial schemes - formulation, approvals & roll out
◦ Review sales strategy & course correction if required
◦ Plan and implement go to market (GTM) strategy in terms of resource utilization (territory design, TBMs and MDOs locations)
◦ Ensure appropriate channel presence to achieve right reach & penetration in line with the portfolio strategy
◦ Foresee and have contingency plans in place, as required
• Develop and implement market development plan for the region
◦ Develop pre-season / season /post-season market development plan- share with category teams and Profit Centre Head to finalize within Advertising
& Promotion budget.
◦ Accountable for implementation as per plan in all territories with a contingency plan in place.
◦ Work with category teams to develop region specific communication for portfolio
◦ Leverage Digital platform – Farmrise for promotions and reaching more customers.
• Track the following metrics for territories and the region as a whole
◦ Gross revenue (Percentage change over previous year)
◦ Market Funding (Percentage of gross sales)
◦ Advertising & Promotion (within approved limits)
◦ RDA (within approved limits)
◦ SG&A (within approved limits)
◦ Cheque bouncing (within approved limits)
◦ Days Sales Outstanding
◦ Share of growth / launch Hybrids as percentage of total sales (New Variety Index), manage product life-cycle in the zone (in line with the category
◦ Sales per TBM territory and MDO territory, and monitor viability of each
◦ Salience of top 10 distributors in the region
◦ Returns as percentage of sales
◦ Retailers coverage
◦ Forecasting accuracy – RSP and RCP
• Cross functional dialogue / engagement (regular interface with Market Development, finance, legal, QA, Product Supply)
• Develop & implement critical processes for the Region in the areas of
◦ Market funding
◦ MIS – weekly reporting
◦ Competition tracking
◦ Forecasting – sales & collections
◦ Implementation of Digital tools like Pragatishri, LEAD, Salesforce.com
• People development with effective implementation of People process
◾ Goal settings, IDPs, training inputs, regular Check-ins & talent review
◾ Development, engagement & retention of Talent pipeline
◾ Develop and implement plans to create a performance focus/ ethic
• Work with the Market development team in the areas of pre-commercial trials, hybrid advancement, product training, complaint handling, agronomic
interventions and interface with external stakeholders.
• Work with Product supply team on regular basis to ensure the regular supplies to the region and working with them to ensure that the required sales
permissions are in place.
• GOVT LIASONING for Renewal of sales and stock license, product addition, fulfilment of compliance requirements
• Facilitate implementation of regional FTO strategy in consultation with the PCH and along with the CA team.
• Facilitate implementation of Pubic Private Partnership along with the CA Ops team
WHO YOU ARE:
• Graduation / Post graduation (Agri specialization preferred)
• 8 to 12 years of experience (prior experience in Vegetables preferred)
• Commercial understanding
• Knowledge of local market preferred
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 346188
Functional Area: Commercial & Sales