Application and Selection Process
Bayer AG, 51368 Leverkusen, Germany and the respective local Bayer legal entity offering the open position for which you want to apply (hereinafter “us”, “our” and “we”) wishes to provide you with information on the processing of your personal data within the Bayer Group for specific purposes as set out below. The data you provide to us will be stored within Germany and USA.
1 Handling of personal data
1.1 Purpose(s) and categories of personal data
We will process the following personal data for the following purposes (Art. 6(1)(b) General Data Protection Regulation).
1.1.1 Application on vacant positions
When you apply for a job, we require you to create a candidate profile, containing:
- your private contact data;
- your educational background, skills and competencies (optional); and
- your work history (optional);
- a link to your professional profile (optional), which we will then use to understand your professional background (e.g. LinkedIn)
When you enter the application for a vacant position, we additionally require you to provide application documents, e.g. your CV, a resume, reference letters and/or a cover letter.
Regarding employees of the Bayer group a candidate profile is automatically created for every active employee of the Bayer group, containing administrative information from the HR systems (e.g. personnel number, contact details and current position).
1.1.2 Pro-active information about other job offers
You can optionally choose to be informed about other job offers in your country or world-wide. If you choose to be pro-actively informed, we will use the data you provided, including information gathered from your business social media accounts, as far as you have provided the link to us, to identify job offers that might be interesting to you. For this purpose, we will use an automated job matching feature.
1.2 Special categories of personal data
Please note that this may include special categories of personal data (e.g. information on disabilities) to the extent that you include them in your application and candidate profile.
2 Subscription to our information on talent marketing activities
On our registration site, you may subscribe to receive more general insights about Bayer (invitation to events or open day sessions, forums, congresses, career insights, etc) via e-mail or other electronic means (e.g. messaging apps, SMS, etc.). Based on your prior consent, we will collect and use your contact information for providing you with such information (Art. 6(1)(a) General Data Protection Regulation).
You may at any time with future effect withdraw your consent to receive said information. To declare that you wish to unsubscribe, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
3 Transfer of personal data
3.1 Commissioned processing
For the processing of your personal data, we will to some extent use specialized service contractors providing services on our behalf, such as IT services. Such service contractors are carefully selected and regularly monitored by us. Based on respective data processing agreements, they will only process personal data in accordance with our instructions and for the purposes as specified in this Privacy Statement.
3.2 Third Parties
In the course of the application and selection processes we may transfer your data to affiliate companies of Bayer Group. The same applies if you choose to be informed about other job offers in your country or worldwide.
3.3 Third countries
If you choose to be informed about job offers worldwide or if you apply for worldwide positions, your personal data may be transferred to third party providers and within the Bayer Group to a country for which the European Commission has not decided that it ensures an adequate level of data protection (e.g. USA). For such transfers, we have provided appropriate data privacy safeguards, such as standard contractual clauses on data privacy adopted by the European Commission. If you would like to obtain more information on such safeguards, please refer to our Data Privacy Manager (see below)
4 Retention period for personal data
Your application data will be stored for six months after the application process is finished and the position is filled (see below for country-specific deviations).
Your candidate profile will be stored as follows:
- If you select the option not to be informed about job offers, your candidate profile will be deleted corresponding to your application data. If you apply for more than one positions, the latest application will trigger the deletion of your candidate profile.
- If you select the option to be informed about job offers, your candidate profile will be stored until you change this option.
- For active employees of the Bayer group, the candidate profile will not be deleted due to legitimate technical and organizational purposes. However, information provided by the data subject can be updated and removed from the candidate profile at any time through the editing function.
For positions in the following countries, the following deviating retention periods apply to the retention of application data above:
- China: 10 years, starting with inactivity.
- Spain: 1 year, starting with inactivity.
- France: 3 years, starting with inactivity.
- Great Britain: 1 year, starting with inactivity.
- Japan: 3 years, starting with inactivity.
- Mexico: 1 year, starting with inactivity.
- United States of America: 4 years, starting with inactivity.
- Puerto Rico: 4 years, starting with inactivity.
- United Arab Emirates: 2 years, starting with inactivity.
- Cyprus: 2 years, starting with inactivity.
- Egypt: 2 years, starting with inactivity.
- Iran: 2 years, starting with inactivity.
- Jordan: 2 years, starting with inactivity.
- Saudi Arabia: 2 years, starting with inactivity.
- Poland: 5 years, starting with inactivity.
- Costa Rica, Guatemala, El Salvador, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama and Cuba: 2 years, starting with inactivity.
5 Information regarding your rights
The following rights are in general available to you according to applicable data privacy laws:
- Right of information about your personal data stored by us;
- Right to request the correction, deletion or restricted processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to a processing for reasons of our own legitimate interest, public interest, or profiling, unless we are able to proof that compelling, warranted reasons superseding your interests, rights and freedom exist, or that such processing is done for purposes of the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to file a complaint with a data protection authority;
- You may at any time with future effect withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data. For further information please refer to the chapters above describing the processing of personal data based on your consent.
Please note, however, that we reserve the right to enforce statutory restrictions on our part, for example if we are obliged to retain or process certain data, have an overriding interest or need the data for asserting claims.
If you are a resident of California or Nevada in the United States, you may have additional rights regarding your personal data. More information may be found here.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please address your request to the contact indicated below.
For any questions you may have with respect to data privacy, please contact: Bayer AG, Data Protection Officer, Kaiser Wilhelm Allee 1, 51368 Leverkusen, Germany, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
7 Amendment of Privacy Statement
We may update our Privacy Statement from time to time. Updates of our Privacy Statement will be published via link on our registration website. Any amendments become effective upon publication on our registration website. We therefore recommend that you regularly visit this Privacy Statement to keep yourself informed on possible updates.
Last updated: 23.12.2019.